In my experience automating cross functional scoring is the easiest way to increase stakeholder engagement.
Every prospect I have spoken with in the last 4 years has asked about automating cross-functional scoring.
It continues to surprise me that successful companies are still using a manual system based on spreadsheets, PDFs, in person discussions and email to conduct RFP scoring.
In most of these companies, stakeholder participation is dreadful.
The ones that do participate, do the absolute minimum to complete the task.
Summarizing and interpreting the answers is laborious for procurement and normally completed “under the gun”.
If your stakeholders are frustrated with the current process and you want to increase engagement, isn’t it time to consider a cloud-based solution?
Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Status reporting on your dashboard
- Automated reminders
- Multiple reporting options customizable to meet the preferences of stakeholders and collaborators
- Real-time summarization of the results as soon as the last piece of information is entered
- Searchable event history in a central repository
- Historical trends
- Ability to create new events from past events with a few clicks because each one can be a template
- Reliable audit trail because all communications are in the tool
All that may sound great but what does it mean in terms of results?
- Upwards of a 60% reduction in the time required to create, launch and summarize the results and similar time savings for participants
- Greater than 80% stakeholder participation because it is now easy and efficient
Sound to good to be true?
One impact that might not be obvious is that excellent vendor performance will be based on all factors instead of longevity or the right connections.
The flip side is also true. Vendor issues will be brought to light. This is a good outcome especially if the vendors are willing to up their game.
The tools that are available are affordable and easy to implement.
The best part is that your stakeholders will know they are part of the process and will work with you to drive better outcomes.
2020 can be your best year ever.
It all starts by asking good questions.
Action Step: Finding the right tools for your needs can be a challenging process but it doesn’t have to be. If you are uncertain where to start the process of change, a procurement professional like myself can provide guidance and expertise to help your organization achieve the results you want. If you want to go explore this topic in greater detail, please contact me. I invite you to request 30-minute discovery conversation. In my experience the next step will be apparent at the end of the call. I never assume that what I have to offer will be right for everyone, so don’t expect a sales pitch. You can reach me at (973) 718-7071 x875. The call will be forwarded to my mobile phone if I am not in my office which is likely.
If you would like to know more ways to reduce costs without changing the way you do business, simply give me a call or send me an email with your contact information and the best time to reach you.
You Won’t Drift to Success©
Commit to taking the next step.
Until Next Time, I Wish You Great Success in Your Business and in Your Life