Do You Really Need an eSourcing Platform?
Does every organization need an eSourcing platform?
Perhaps a better question would be:
“What benefits could an eSourcing platform deliver for your organization?”
Prospective clients that contact me know what pain they are in and the challenges they face daily.
They may not know all the benefits that can be gained once they move to a cloud-based platform.
Let me share some of the benefits my clients share with me.
- Implementing a better system sends a clear message that management is committed to improvement.
- People across the organization get excited when the procurement process is easier to use, and information is readily available.
- Formalizing your process is a clear message to your suppliers that you are committed to controlling spend across the board.
- Good faith negotiations are based on clear communications. One portal that handles all activity ensures that you have one version of the truth.
- The system will ensure a consistent approach to negotiations. Suppliers who have had favored status based on personal relationships will realize that advantage no longer exists for them.
- Eliminating offline tools closes a security gap that is common with tools that are portable.
- Knowledge capture will provide the basis for enhanced analysis using a centralized portal.
- Rapid access to information will lead to better decision making.
- Reducing cycle times by automating tedious and repetitive tasks will allow reallocation of resources to higher priority objectives.
- Minimizing rogue spend – giving stakeholders and collaborators an efficient and effective way to purchase goods and services will motivate them to get on board.
- Driving competitive advantage – strengthening every aspect of your procurement process will deliver measurable savings in time and money. An added benefit is that it will prevent you from falling behind your competitors that already have a system in place.
- Protection of your knowledge base – when the author of a sophisticated spreadsheet leaves your company the knowledge goes with them. Contrast this with a centralized repository of past events created with the same logic. A new person can be trained by virtually any user of the system and be ready to go in days not weeks or months.
Budget season is upon us for calendar year organizations.
If you need to understand how much to put into the 2019 budget to move your company forward, I would be pleased to help you.
Ask better questions, make changes and 2018 will be your best year ever.
Action Step: If you are uncertain where to start the process of change, a procurement professional like myself can provide guidance and expertise to help your organization achieve the results you want.
If you want to go explore this topic in greater detail, please contact me. I invite you to request 30-minute discovery conversation. In my experience the next step will be apparent at the end of the call. I never assume that what I have to offer will be right for everyone, so don’t expect a sales pitch. You can reach me at 973-936-9672.
If you would like to know more ways to reduce costs without changing the way you do business, simply give me a call or send me an email with your contact information and the best time to reach you.
You Won’t Drift to Success©
Commit to taking the next step.
Until Next Time, I Wish You Great Success in Your Business and in Your Life