Prospective clients almost always ask me how long it should take to launch their first RFP once they sign an agreement.
I get it.
When I purchase a new tool, I can’t wait to use it.
If you have done a thorough search you are probably very motivated to solve those day-to-day issues you have been living with for years.
I believe the training provided is the key to an efficient and effective implementation.
This should help you deliver quick wins and an immediate ROI.
As the buyer, you are investing significant money to solve your problems not make new ones.
Here are some key things that have helped me hit the ground running:
- Hands-on training on live events by a sourcing pro who has managed similar categories
- Training that allows me to “push all the buttons” not watch someone else do it
- Easy online scheduling of my training in 2-hour blocks – I get overwhelmed by too much information at one time
- Realtime phone and chat access to procurement professionals to answer functional questions especially when a deadline is approaching
- Intuitive onscreen help that answers common questions with a link to the Most Commonly Asked Questions organized by issue
- Intuitive event creation that follows a natural path of steps
- Short videos to help me solve common problems – think how easy it is to find a solution on YouTube these days
- Easy scheduling to review the most successful strategic approaches for specific spend categories
If the sourcing tool you are evaluating provided training similar to my suggestions, don’t you think that your success would be assured?
Can I make some suggestions?
Before you finalize the purchase of a new tool or suite of tools, I would get a detailed explanation of the training that will be provided.
I would ask to speak or meet with your principal trainer or trainers.
Give them a basic problem or two to solve and have them provide a live training for you and your team.
I don’t know about you, but I like to speak with someone who has faced my issues and understands the software thoroughly.
They also need to have enough experience to offer strategic advice that is practical too.
Sound like a dream?
Why should it be?
There are many solutions available in the market.
Understanding how each solution will help you solve your issues now and how quickly you can get up and running should be at or near the top of your list.
You may not need the solution with the most features. Most organizations don’t.
If your implementation is taking a lot longer than expected, choosing a nimbler eSourcing solution that can be quickly integrated may be something to consider.
Your team should be able to launch events in weeks not months or years.
Ask better questions, make changes and 2019 will be your best year ever.
Action Step: If you are uncertain where to start the process of change, a procurement professional like myself can provide guidance and expertise to help your organization achieve the results you want.
If you want to go explore this topic in greater detail, please contact me. I invite you to request 30-minute discovery conversation. In my experience the next step will be apparent at the end of the call. I never assume that what I have to offer will be right for everyone, so don’t expect a sales pitch. You can reach me at 973-936-9672.
If you would like to know more ways to reduce costs without changing the way you do business, simply give me a call or send me an email with your contact information and the best time to reach you.
You Won’t Drift to Success©
Commit to taking the next step.
Until Next Time, I Wish You Great Success in Your Business and in Your Life